The over played and over used saying every New Year is “New Year, New Me”. Its time to stop setting grand and unrealistic New Year resolutions. New Year resolutions are supposed to be goals that you can reach throughout the year to better yourself. By setting unrealistic New Year resolutions it makes it hard to even reach the resolutions and then you feel like you failed.
Its time to cut the crap and set New Year resolutions that will actually conquer this 2014! Lets have a positive and amazing 2014! Here are the top resolutions for 2014 to better yourself. The resolutions are realistic and can be met throughout the year.
1. Set an achievable goal. Instead of saying I am going to be skinny this New Year. Set a goal of losing five pounds or less every month.
2. Reach out to others. This generation seems to be lost and not very sociable because of technology. Try to make small goals of seeing family or friends you haven’t seen. And remember to put the phone away!
3. Do unto yourself as you would do unto others. Lets go back to kindergarten and set the Golden Rule. Try to stop the judging and hatred for no reason. Set small goals such as making a new friend a month or getting to know someone a month. Being nice will take you a long way!
4. Find ways to be happy. The number one thing in life is to be happy. Us people forget that and we end up feeling sad. Make small goals in towards making yourself happy. Whether its buying a piece of clothing every month, going on a trip or whatever the heck makes you happy, just do it every month.
5. Maybe forget resolutions and pick a theme. Sometimes it is hard for people to set resolutions. Instead of saying “My resolution is to lose 25 pounds”. Say “My theme for this year is to get fit and healthy.” This can allow you to eat better, exercise more, and get the body you want.
Resolutions are something that allow us to keep going and strive for better things in life. Make 2014 a year where you reach your resolutions. Positive thoughts and actions can lead you a long way, so why not try it!
This New Year Eve the color is GOLD! Gold dresses, jewelry, and shoes! Gold is such a beautiful, elegant, and rich color. It’s a wonderful and glamorous color to wear to bring in the New Year.
If you aren’t a gold person and do not like to wear it. Why not try it in your makeup? You can still keep up with the trends and still wear what you want. Try adding some gold to your eye shadow.
You can either go heavy on the gold or go with a natural look. It all depends on how glamorous you are feeling that New Years eye night. OMGTRENDS has found the BEST YouTube video that shows you how to wear gold make-up.
Now that Christmas season is over, its time to focus on the New Year and New You! New Years is such a magical time. Its a time for family, loved ones and starting fresh. It is an obvious rule that you MUST dress fancy, classy and correctly to start off the new year.
OMGTRENDS has the top ten dresses that are perfect for YOUR body type. Just because you don’t have a model body or body of a celebrity does not mean you can not dress like them. Every body type if gorgeous. You just know how to dress it correctly and let your beautiful assets show.
1. Curvy Hips: A Wrap Dress
2. Longer Looking Legs: A Peplum Dress
3. Slender and Tall: A Hemline Dress that falls at the knee
4. Hide Your Thighs: A-Line Shape dress that defines your waist.
5. Petite: Romantic fabrics with ruffles
6. Something Slimming: Something black and fits correctly on your sides.
7. Busty: Top half dresses that some off SOME skin, but NOT a large about of cleavage.
8. Rounded Bodies: A dresses with an obvious seamline at your natural waistline.
9. Small Bust: Go with a shimmer dress.
10. Hide your arms: Something with sleeves and lacey
Guy say they are the easiest to shop for but, in reality guys are the hardest. Guys clothes are usually expensive and they do not have cute and easy accessories to buy like girls. Usually guys like weird and unusual things. OMGTRENDS has the top ten gifts to buy your guy for under $20!!!
The Occasional Party Animal
The Dog Lover
The Scruffy Guy
The Morning Person
The Coffee Addict
The Stylish Wine Lover
All the gifts on this list fit any type of guy. The gifts are unique and fits ever type of personality. Which gift do you plan on buying you guy? Do you have any other suggestions for under $20?
Christmas season is finally and officially here now that Thanksgiving is over. Hopefully all of you had a thankful and lovely Thanksgiving. And you all better of followed the ten tips for a healthy Thanksgiving! Now that Christmas season is here, you will have lots of family, office and friends christmas parties to plan for. What the heck are you going to wear!
No fear OMGTRENDS has your guide to The Perfect Christmas Party Dress.
1. The Family Party – At your family’s party or your boyfriend/husband’s family christmas party you always have to dress respectful and pretty. At these parties you need to impress and look like that good girl we all know you can be.
2. The Office Party – This party can be tricky. You need to dress respectful, but if you are trying to catch the eye of a fellow employee then you might want to show off some skin. Its safe to go with something that leaves the eye with some imagination.
3. The Friends Party – This party is wild. You can honestly wear whatever you want. You can go casual, semi casual, semi formal, or if you really want too you can go formal.
Now that you have examples of different kinds of dress for each different kind of Christmas party start shopping! The Holidays are the happiest time of the year. You need to look beautiful, dress beautiful and most importantly be happy and share lots of love.
Heres to happy start to a wonderful holiday season! Lets the Holidays Begin!
Thanksgiving… The one day in the year where it is socially acceptable to eat four pieces of pumpkin pie in one sitting. BUT since everyone is on a health and fitness kick, it’s probably better to eat one slice of pumpkin pie. Here are Ten Healthy Thanksgiving Tips for you to follow this upcoming Thursday!
- Get Active – The day of Thanksgiving morning before you start cooking, take a long walk. Walk with your family, friends, or love ( even though you should be working out at least three times a week).
- Eat Breakfast – You might be thinking you are saving calories, but experts say if you eat a small breakfast it will help you control what you eat later on.
- Lighten Up – whether you making a Thanksgiving feast or catering use foods with fewer calories, fat and sugars.
- Use fat-free chicken broth on the turkey and in the gravy.
- Reduce oil and butter where ever you can.
- Use plain yogurt in mashed potatoes.
- Police you Portions – look first and map out the Thanksgiving buffet. Get reasonable sized portions, instead of overflowing your plate.
- Skip Seconds!!!!!!
- Eat white meat instead of the dark meat.
- Left overs are MUCH better the next day! 😉
Thanksgiving is a day of thankfulness, family, and love! Instead of stuffing your face with your favorite American food, spend some quality time with the people you love!
With Fourth of July being tomorrow, it is the perfect time to post a fabulous Fourth of July look. The Fourth is all about being American, drinking, barbecues, and being with friends and family. We all need to look cute while playing with sparklers and while the fireworks are going off. Since this Fourth of July will be hot and muggy, the looks will be comfortable to wear outside, but cute enough to show you are a fashionista. Each look can be worn to a pool party, barbecue or party! One look is a little more casual then the other, but you always can add your own little flare to the look
Here are some really cute and fun American inspired accessories. You can add any of these accessories to any outfit. Each of the accessories will give any outfit an “American Flare”.