The over played and over used saying every New Year is “New Year, New Me”. Its time to stop setting grand and unrealistic New Year resolutions. New Year resolutions are supposed to be goals that you can reach throughout the year to better yourself. By setting unrealistic New Year resolutions it makes it hard to even reach the resolutions and then you feel like you failed.
Its time to cut the crap and set New Year resolutions that will actually conquer this 2014! Lets have a positive and amazing 2014! Here are the top resolutions for 2014 to better yourself. The resolutions are realistic and can be met throughout the year.
1. Set an achievable goal. Instead of saying I am going to be skinny this New Year. Set a goal of losing five pounds or less every month.
2. Reach out to others. This generation seems to be lost and not very sociable because of technology. Try to make small goals of seeing family or friends you haven’t seen. And remember to put the phone away!
3. Do unto yourself as you would do unto others. Lets go back to kindergarten and set the Golden Rule. Try to stop the judging and hatred for no reason. Set small goals such as making a new friend a month or getting to know someone a month. Being nice will take you a long way!
4. Find ways to be happy. The number one thing in life is to be happy. Us people forget that and we end up feeling sad. Make small goals in towards making yourself happy. Whether its buying a piece of clothing every month, going on a trip or whatever the heck makes you happy, just do it every month.
5. Maybe forget resolutions and pick a theme. Sometimes it is hard for people to set resolutions. Instead of saying “My resolution is to lose 25 pounds”. Say “My theme for this year is to get fit and healthy.” This can allow you to eat better, exercise more, and get the body you want.
Resolutions are something that allow us to keep going and strive for better things in life. Make 2014 a year where you reach your resolutions. Positive thoughts and actions can lead you a long way, so why not try it!
Christmas season is finally here!!! Everyone is getting into the Holiday season. The Holiday season is the best. There are lights everyone, decorations, yummy foods, gifts and most importantly parties! OMGTRENDS is really getting into the Holiday spirit. Here is the What’s in, What’s out: Christmas addition list!
1. In: Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, Out: Pot Luck Dinner
Stop having those lame Pot Luck dinner parties. Pot Luck dinners make it awkward when there is that one nasty dish that no one wants to eat. have an Ugly Christmas Party. Its fun everyone gets to wear an ugly christmas sweater and drink lots, and i mean lots of wine. You can also have a contest for the ugliest sweater.
2. In: DIY Christmas Decor Out: Buying Expensive Breakable Decor
Stop buying $50.00 Christmas decor. It’s a waste of money and tears! Try something new and try DIY Christmas decor. DIY are so much fun and bring families and friends closer. Grab a bottle wine, Christmas cookies and all the supplies you need to make Christmas Decor. OMGTRENDS has even made it easy by creating a post last week on DIY Christmas Decor.
3. In: Secret Santa Out: Getting gifts for everyone in the office or circle of friends
Stop spending hundreds of dollars on people you might not care about. Yes the Holidays are about giving, but save yourself some money Try doing the Secret Santa game! It is fun and saves you lots of money!
During the Holidays, you have so much to look forward to. The Holidays bring families together, spreads love and cheer, and ARTS AND CRAFTS! One of the best things about the Holidays are decorating your house and even better… DIY Holiday Decorations. Pinterest will become your very best friend this Holiday season.
Here at OMGTRENDS headquarters we are really getting into the Holiday spirit. We have been on Pinterest ALL day looking up lots of new DIY Holiday decor, gifts and treats. Here are our top six DIY Holiday Decor that we will be trying.
Get your favorite girlfriends together and have a DIY Holiday Decor Wine Night! Wine + Girlfriends + Holiday Season = Perfect Combination. These DIY Holiday Decor are easy to do and are self explanatory through the pictures. You can also check out Pinterest.com for more details. Happy Holidays!
Christmas season is finally and officially here now that Thanksgiving is over. Hopefully all of you had a thankful and lovely Thanksgiving. And you all better of followed the ten tips for a healthy Thanksgiving! Now that Christmas season is here, you will have lots of family, office and friends christmas parties to plan for. What the heck are you going to wear!
No fear OMGTRENDS has your guide to The Perfect Christmas Party Dress.
1. The Family Party – At your family’s party or your boyfriend/husband’s family christmas party you always have to dress respectful and pretty. At these parties you need to impress and look like that good girl we all know you can be.
2. The Office Party – This party can be tricky. You need to dress respectful, but if you are trying to catch the eye of a fellow employee then you might want to show off some skin. Its safe to go with something that leaves the eye with some imagination.
3. The Friends Party – This party is wild. You can honestly wear whatever you want. You can go casual, semi casual, semi formal, or if you really want too you can go formal.
Now that you have examples of different kinds of dress for each different kind of Christmas party start shopping! The Holidays are the happiest time of the year. You need to look beautiful, dress beautiful and most importantly be happy and share lots of love.
Heres to happy start to a wonderful holiday season! Lets the Holidays Begin!