The over played and over used saying every New Year is “New Year, New Me”. Its time to stop setting grand and unrealistic New Year resolutions. New Year resolutions are supposed to be goals that you can reach throughout the year to better yourself. By setting unrealistic New Year resolutions it makes it hard to even reach the resolutions and then you feel like you failed.
Its time to cut the crap and set New Year resolutions that will actually conquer this 2014! Lets have a positive and amazing 2014! Here are the top resolutions for 2014 to better yourself. The resolutions are realistic and can be met throughout the year.
1. Set an achievable goal. Instead of saying I am going to be skinny this New Year. Set a goal of losing five pounds or less every month.
2. Reach out to others. This generation seems to be lost and not very sociable because of technology. Try to make small goals of seeing family or friends you haven’t seen. And remember to put the phone away!
3. Do unto yourself as you would do unto others. Lets go back to kindergarten and set the Golden Rule. Try to stop the judging and hatred for no reason. Set small goals such as making a new friend a month or getting to know someone a month. Being nice will take you a long way!
4. Find ways to be happy. The number one thing in life is to be happy. Us people forget that and we end up feeling sad. Make small goals in towards making yourself happy. Whether its buying a piece of clothing every month, going on a trip or whatever the heck makes you happy, just do it every month.
5. Maybe forget resolutions and pick a theme. Sometimes it is hard for people to set resolutions. Instead of saying “My resolution is to lose 25 pounds”. Say “My theme for this year is to get fit and healthy.” This can allow you to eat better, exercise more, and get the body you want.
Resolutions are something that allow us to keep going and strive for better things in life. Make 2014 a year where you reach your resolutions. Positive thoughts and actions can lead you a long way, so why not try it!
Thanksgiving… The one day in the year where it is socially acceptable to eat four pieces of pumpkin pie in one sitting. BUT since everyone is on a health and fitness kick, it’s probably better to eat one slice of pumpkin pie. Here are Ten Healthy Thanksgiving Tips for you to follow this upcoming Thursday!
- Get Active – The day of Thanksgiving morning before you start cooking, take a long walk. Walk with your family, friends, or love ( even though you should be working out at least three times a week).
- Eat Breakfast – You might be thinking you are saving calories, but experts say if you eat a small breakfast it will help you control what you eat later on.
- Lighten Up – whether you making a Thanksgiving feast or catering use foods with fewer calories, fat and sugars.
- Use fat-free chicken broth on the turkey and in the gravy.
- Reduce oil and butter where ever you can.
- Use plain yogurt in mashed potatoes.
- Police you Portions – look first and map out the Thanksgiving buffet. Get reasonable sized portions, instead of overflowing your plate.
- Skip Seconds!!!!!!
- Eat white meat instead of the dark meat.
- Left overs are MUCH better the next day! 😉
Thanksgiving is a day of thankfulness, family, and love! Instead of stuffing your face with your favorite American food, spend some quality time with the people you love!
Winter time is such a beautiful time to tie the knot with you man. Everything is white, the air is colder (so that means you are closer to your man), and everyone is happy because it’s the holiday season. Having a wedding in the winter can be so much better than the spring and summer. In the winter you do not have to really worry about rain, there is no humidity, and you can more fun with accessories to dress up your wedding gown.
OMGTRENDS has the top five winter wedding ideas!
1.Get Furry with Fur! On your winter wedding day add some fur to your look. The fur will make you look extra elegant and keep you warm and cozy.
2. Serve something Toasty! At your winter wedding serve coffee and hot chocolate. This will keep your guest cozy and happy. On the coffee and hot chocolate cup put yours and your grooms names and the date.
3. All bridesmaids must wear dark colors. Pick a dark color for your bridesmaids to wear on your winter wedding day. This will let you be the center of attention.
4. Add winter like trees to your mass and reception. By adding fake or real winter like trees, it will really feel like you are in a winter wonderland. It’s a beautiful decor.
5. Give out snow globes as a favor. Snow globes have winter wonderland wedding written all over it. You can make it personal or make it cute!
There are so much cute, fun and elegant aspects to a winter wonderland wedding. These five tips are a MUST when it comes to winter weddings. The five tips are not too much winter, but just enough!
1.Aspen, Colorado : Aspen gives you everything you need in a wedding all year round. Whether you want snow and mountains or greenery and lots of trees, Aspen is a place for easy traveling and beautiful scenery. You can stay at the historical Chateau Eau Claire and enjoy the beautiful river views starting at $371/night in the summer, and $239/night in the winter.
2. Jamaica: Jamaica is the perfect place for a beach weeding. Between the white beaches and crystal blue water, Jamaica is the perfect place for a romantic and intimate wedding. Jamaica holds a certain romantic charm, you can not find anywhere else! . The Palms Resort is known for the most beautiful and romantic weddings. Reservations need to be made far in advance and the average price per night is $240.
3. Paris, French: The word Paris alone screams wedding. Paris, France is where love is created and why not have your wedding there. The scenery creates a perfect atmosphere for a wedding, reception party, and honeymoon. At the Hotel Moliere, a beautiful three star Paris hotel, you can stay for just $230/night and enjoy all that Paris has to offer.
4. Hawaii: Want a romantic beach wedding, but can’t leave the U.S., then go to Hawaii! There are so many islands in Hawaii and each hold its own individual romantic charm. Most weddings are located at secluded beaches and locals love to see you happy on your big day. However, the best to time to travel to Hawaii to see the best weather and get the best rates, is from mid-April to mid-June and from mid-September to mid-December. During these off season times, you can find hotels starting at $100/night and averaging $160-180/night. The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel has rates starting at $150/night and is one of the best hotels in Honolulu, HI.
5. Las Vegas, Nevada: Las Vegas may be known for the money, glam, and partying, but you can also get away with your lover and have a private wedding. If you are not into the destination and want a quick wedding, then Las Vegas is the place for you. You can have fun themed weddings like “Elvis” theme. The Bellagio is one of the Strip’s newest high-class resort and casinos, and you can stay there for just $245/night on average. Just make sure you bring an extra buck or two for the slot machines!