Thanksgiving… The one day in the year where it is socially acceptable to eat four pieces of pumpkin pie in one sitting. BUT since everyone is on a health and fitness kick, it’s probably better to eat one slice of pumpkin pie. Here are Ten Healthy Thanksgiving Tips for you to follow this upcoming Thursday!
- Get Active – The day of Thanksgiving morning before you start cooking, take a long walk. Walk with your family, friends, or love ( even though you should be working out at least three times a week).
- Eat Breakfast – You might be thinking you are saving calories, but experts say if you eat a small breakfast it will help you control what you eat later on.
- Lighten Up – whether you making a Thanksgiving feast or catering use foods with fewer calories, fat and sugars.
- Use fat-free chicken broth on the turkey and in the gravy.
- Reduce oil and butter where ever you can.
- Use plain yogurt in mashed potatoes.
- Police you Portions – look first and map out the Thanksgiving buffet. Get reasonable sized portions, instead of overflowing your plate.
- Skip Seconds!!!!!!
- Eat white meat instead of the dark meat.
- Left overs are MUCH better the next day! 😉
Thanksgiving is a day of thankfulness, family, and love! Instead of stuffing your face with your favorite American food, spend some quality time with the people you love!
As your special day approaches, the last thing you want to be doing is dieting. As a bride, you have so much to worry about, between your dress, the photographer, the cater, and so much more. I have found the most efficient and useful tips to losing weight before your wedding.
- Do Not Crash Diet! People may advise you to go on a crash diet, but turn the other way. Crash diets are when you usually lose weight fast and most of the time starve yourself. When you starve yourself, your metabolism slows down. You may lose a lot of weight but when you are done with the crash diet, you will defiantly gain pounds back.
- Go on a Healthy Diet! Make sure to have a well balance diet where you eat fibers, lean protien and low carbs. Instead of having 3 large meals, have small meals within the day. You can find lots of healthy diet plans online.
- Cardio and Light Weights! Cardio exercises are important to do when buring fats. Lifting weights are important to so when toning muscles. Cardio exercises include, running, long walks, dancing (zumba or vixon), and jump rope. You can also hire a professional who will guide you and help you along the way.
- Skip out on the Sugary Drink and Alcohol! Yes I said it, alcohol. That means no juices, no candy, no ice cream, no cookies, no “health food bars”, no Light and Fit yogurts, no nightly margaritas, no café mocha frappachinos. Packed with sugar and loaded with empty calories, these “treats” are keeping you fat, addicted to sugar, and providing no nutritional value. They’ve got to go!
So as you wedding day approaches, skip the crash diet and get healthy and lean. In the long run, you will be able to stay healthy and lean forever ,rather than having a short term amount of weight lost.
The hourglass figure is to be known as the “ideal” body type. An hourglass figure is when the hips and bust are almost equal size with a narrow waist. It is a horizontal figure, which means it is balanced. Here are a few easy and fun tips to dress your hourglass figure correctly. When choosing a top, you should stick to low to medium necklines, form fitting, belted, and wrap-style tops. Jackets should be tailored and define the waistline. When deciding to choose what bottoms to wear, you should stick to high waisted pants and pencil skirts. Boot cut and straight leg pants or jeans are your best friends. Lastly, one of the most important pieces of clothing in your closet, the dress, chose dresses that define your waistlines. Some key accessories to wear as an hour glass figure are waist belts, large, decorative studs, and fun, statement short necklaces. You want to draw the most attention to your waist in anything you wear, to balance your beautiful curves.
– Danielle Prieto