Christmas season is finally and officially here now that Thanksgiving is over. Hopefully all of you had a thankful and lovely Thanksgiving. And you all better of followed the ten tips for a healthy Thanksgiving! Now that Christmas season is here, you will have lots of family, office and friends christmas parties to plan for. What the heck are you going to wear!
No fear OMGTRENDS has your guide to The Perfect Christmas Party Dress.
1. The Family Party – At your family’s party or your boyfriend/husband’s family christmas party you always have to dress respectful and pretty. At these parties you need to impress and look like that good girl we all know you can be.
2. The Office Party – This party can be tricky. You need to dress respectful, but if you are trying to catch the eye of a fellow employee then you might want to show off some skin. Its safe to go with something that leaves the eye with some imagination.
3. The Friends Party – This party is wild. You can honestly wear whatever you want. You can go casual, semi casual, semi formal, or if you really want too you can go formal.
Now that you have examples of different kinds of dress for each different kind of Christmas party start shopping! The Holidays are the happiest time of the year. You need to look beautiful, dress beautiful and most importantly be happy and share lots of love.
Heres to happy start to a wonderful holiday season! Lets the Holidays Begin!
What to Wear to ANY Wedding!
- Above-the-Knee Dress: a cute sundress with flowers or pattern is a perfect fit. The dress should not be to short, just above the knee is perfect. You can also try dressy separates, like a blouse and skirt.
- Heels are NOT Required: try to wear ballet flats or fun detailed sandals.
- No Flashy: sequins and rhinestones will be way to much for this kind of wedding.
- Do Not Go to Casual: regular weekend clothes are not permitted. Do not wear ANYTHING denim. This is a very important event, so make sure to dress the part!
- Hair and Makeup: keep it natural! For hair, do a sleek ponytail, loose up-do, or waves. For makeup, keep it light and fresh.
- The Cocktail Dress: you can wear almost any color, it all depends on your preference. If you want to dress it up, just add a statement necklace and heels.
- Do Not Go for the Super fancy: a floor-length dress or a dress with lots of sequins will look completely out-of-place. It will look like you are competing with the bride or bridesmaids.
- Don’t Forget you LBD: you can always wear your favorite little black dress and add some flare. You can add a color belt, heels or statement earrings.
- Wear the Heels: a little height always makes you look fancier and dressier.
- Hair and Makeup: for hair: a updo. For makeup: a bold lip.
- Long or Short: you will see both long and short dresses, but a long dress is the natural fit for a formal wedding. If you do choose a short dress, make sure it is knee-length and has “luxe” detailing such as ruffles or shine.
- Standout Accessories: add a sparkly statement necklace, strappy heel, and metallic clutch to give your look glam and beauty.
- Do Not Reveal too much Skin: try to stay away from high slits, a low back, or a plunging neckline. These types of dresses are to sexy for a wedding.
- Dress to Impress: make sure you are dressed up enough. With formal wedding more is better. For formal wedding, daily wear is not permitted.
- Hair and Makeup: this is a great time to consider to get your hair and makeup done professionally. Go for a polished hair style and sleek lips and eyes.
Even though you want to invite everyone and their mother to your wedding, everyone can’t make the cut. Here is a fun and easy guide to help you decided who actually makes the cut!
Wedding Gift Ideas
- Basic Kitchen Tools (blender, pots & pans, utensils, plates, etc.)
- Luggage (just in time for their honeymoon)
- Personalized Items (cups, champagne glasses)
- Fine wine or bottle of scotch
- Decorations for their house (vases, art work, etc.)
You don’t need heels to make a statement. Try flats for a sophisticated look that’s still chic and fun.