Are you tired of your old plain jean shorts? Well DO NOT throw them out. Here are a few easy steps to turn your old jeans shorts into new!
- Step 1: Cut out one of the back pockets with a pair of fabric scissors
- Step 2: Measure out the pocket and trace it onto the fabric with chalk or a sharpie. Cut out the traced out pocket.
- Step 3: Sew the pocket onto the shorts with the needle and thread. You can also use fabric glue to place the pocket.
This is not the only one way to change your shorts. You can also add studds, lace, and ribbon to your shorts.
Graphic tees are back and cuter than ever! This summer, the graphic tee is coming back in a big way: comfy and cute with jean shorts, or styled up with a blazer and statement necklace. The tee isn’t just any plain old t-shirt anymore; tank tops and muscle style shirts are adorable with graphics ranging from animals to catchy quotes. Make sure to go to your favorite store and purchase their latest graphic tee design!
What to Wear to ANY Wedding!
- Above-the-Knee Dress: a cute sundress with flowers or pattern is a perfect fit. The dress should not be to short, just above the knee is perfect. You can also try dressy separates, like a blouse and skirt.
- Heels are NOT Required: try to wear ballet flats or fun detailed sandals.
- No Flashy: sequins and rhinestones will be way to much for this kind of wedding.
- Do Not Go to Casual: regular weekend clothes are not permitted. Do not wear ANYTHING denim. This is a very important event, so make sure to dress the part!
- Hair and Makeup: keep it natural! For hair, do a sleek ponytail, loose up-do, or waves. For makeup, keep it light and fresh.
- The Cocktail Dress: you can wear almost any color, it all depends on your preference. If you want to dress it up, just add a statement necklace and heels.
- Do Not Go for the Super fancy: a floor-length dress or a dress with lots of sequins will look completely out-of-place. It will look like you are competing with the bride or bridesmaids.
- Don’t Forget you LBD: you can always wear your favorite little black dress and add some flare. You can add a color belt, heels or statement earrings.
- Wear the Heels: a little height always makes you look fancier and dressier.
- Hair and Makeup: for hair: a updo. For makeup: a bold lip.
- Long or Short: you will see both long and short dresses, but a long dress is the natural fit for a formal wedding. If you do choose a short dress, make sure it is knee-length and has “luxe” detailing such as ruffles or shine.
- Standout Accessories: add a sparkly statement necklace, strappy heel, and metallic clutch to give your look glam and beauty.
- Do Not Reveal too much Skin: try to stay away from high slits, a low back, or a plunging neckline. These types of dresses are to sexy for a wedding.
- Dress to Impress: make sure you are dressed up enough. With formal wedding more is better. For formal wedding, daily wear is not permitted.
- Hair and Makeup: this is a great time to consider to get your hair and makeup done professionally. Go for a polished hair style and sleek lips and eyes.
Even though you want to invite everyone and their mother to your wedding, everyone can’t make the cut. Here is a fun and easy guide to help you decided who actually makes the cut!
Wedding Gift Ideas
- Basic Kitchen Tools (blender, pots & pans, utensils, plates, etc.)
- Luggage (just in time for their honeymoon)
- Personalized Items (cups, champagne glasses)
- Fine wine or bottle of scotch
- Decorations for their house (vases, art work, etc.)