It is a new year so that means new hair! It is so overwhelming and exciting to see all the new fashion, hair, and make-up trends that come with the new year. A new trend for 2014 is braiding. Braids in all different forms and looks.
OMGTRENDS is obsessed and in love with all the braid celebs and girls are wearing for this new year. We have found the top five YouTube braiding videos. Braiding can get tricky if you are trying to teach yourself. With step by step videos, it makes braiding fun and easy.
What a glamorous night last night was! The Golden Globes was the first big show of 2014 for celebrities. Being the first show, the pressure is on to dress well and look as beautiful or handsome as you possibly can.
Last night metallic seem to being the color tone of choice. Its new and upcoming look, but we are defiantly loving it. Lupita Nyong’o is the talk all over Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. She won the best dressed of the night in Ralph Lauren.
Here is OMGTRENDS best dressed of the night at The Golden Globes:
Margot Robbie in Gucci
Naomi Watts in Tom Ford
Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney
Amy Adams in Valentino
Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad
Kerry Washington in Balenciaga
Lizzy Caplan in Emilio Pucci
Olivia Wilde in Gucci
Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren
The over played and over used saying every New Year is “New Year, New Me”. Its time to stop setting grand and unrealistic New Year resolutions. New Year resolutions are supposed to be goals that you can reach throughout the year to better yourself. By setting unrealistic New Year resolutions it makes it hard to even reach the resolutions and then you feel like you failed.
Its time to cut the crap and set New Year resolutions that will actually conquer this 2014! Lets have a positive and amazing 2014! Here are the top resolutions for 2014 to better yourself. The resolutions are realistic and can be met throughout the year.
1. Set an achievable goal. Instead of saying I am going to be skinny this New Year. Set a goal of losing five pounds or less every month.
2. Reach out to others. This generation seems to be lost and not very sociable because of technology. Try to make small goals of seeing family or friends you haven’t seen. And remember to put the phone away!
3. Do unto yourself as you would do unto others. Lets go back to kindergarten and set the Golden Rule. Try to stop the judging and hatred for no reason. Set small goals such as making a new friend a month or getting to know someone a month. Being nice will take you a long way!
4. Find ways to be happy. The number one thing in life is to be happy. Us people forget that and we end up feeling sad. Make small goals in towards making yourself happy. Whether its buying a piece of clothing every month, going on a trip or whatever the heck makes you happy, just do it every month.
5. Maybe forget resolutions and pick a theme. Sometimes it is hard for people to set resolutions. Instead of saying “My resolution is to lose 25 pounds”. Say “My theme for this year is to get fit and healthy.” This can allow you to eat better, exercise more, and get the body you want.
Resolutions are something that allow us to keep going and strive for better things in life. Make 2014 a year where you reach your resolutions. Positive thoughts and actions can lead you a long way, so why not try it!
Ombre is over and splashlights are in! Instead of getting ombre highlights this fall, you have to try splashlights. Splashlights are a horizontal band of bleached hair that stretches from ear to ear. Its super edgy and trendy! Splashlights involve bleaching a small horizontal section of your hair. This effect starts with the undermost layer and then covers all the hair above and below the strip with a color close to your orginal shade. Would you dare to try Splashlights this Fall?