Thanksgiving… The one day in the year where it is socially acceptable to eat four pieces of pumpkin pie in one sitting. BUT since everyone is on a health and fitness kick, it’s probably better to eat one slice of pumpkin pie. Here are Ten Healthy Thanksgiving Tips for you to follow this upcoming Thursday!
- Get Active – The day of Thanksgiving morning before you start cooking, take a long walk. Walk with your family, friends, or love ( even though you should be working out at least three times a week).
- Eat Breakfast – You might be thinking you are saving calories, but experts say if you eat a small breakfast it will help you control what you eat later on.
- Lighten Up – whether you making a Thanksgiving feast or catering use foods with fewer calories, fat and sugars.
- Use fat-free chicken broth on the turkey and in the gravy.
- Reduce oil and butter where ever you can.
- Use plain yogurt in mashed potatoes.
- Police you Portions – look first and map out the Thanksgiving buffet. Get reasonable sized portions, instead of overflowing your plate.
- Skip Seconds!!!!!!
- Eat white meat instead of the dark meat.
- Left overs are MUCH better the next day! 😉
Thanksgiving is a day of thankfulness, family, and love! Instead of stuffing your face with your favorite American food, spend some quality time with the people you love!